Monday- Weekend Wrap Up

                                      Wrapping up weekend TV



Weekend television is always something to look forward to, especially if you don't have any plans. Here are some shows I watched this weekend.



 I don't know if anybody has noticed but Idols has become very monotonous, scripted and a bit boring. It is has changed along the years and has lost that "thing". I am honestly tired of people going on to the show to embarrass themselves knowing very well that they can't sing at all. Yes some could describe their actions as being brave, stepping out of their comfort zones and even ticking off their bucket list. But I am  pretty much sure there are other ways to acquire the 5min fame they look for. I'm just glad the auditions are over.



On the other hand OPW this Sunday was quite interesting. First things first Thembisa Mdoda's well thought out outfits and her undisputed talent of presenting really elevates the show to another level. As for the young pastor the groom, who seemed to be all over the place with his not so great dancing.  Went as far as describing himself as a pastor "wesmanje manje" which to me proves that he too saw that his actions were a bit over the top. With that statement he was also subtly suggesting that  pastors who are older are boring as watching paint dry . I choose to differ from his opinion, in my eyes I saw a bit of an immature individual who lacked that bit of humbleness. He should certainly not expect me at his next sermon. Lastly can somebody tell me how does one plan a wedding with just R18 in their bank account.


I quite enjoy watching new shows but sometimes I find that they are almost a repeat of shows that once existed. But ever since INumba Numba started I have been looking forward to Sunday evenings in front of the telly. It is a breath of much needed fresh air, I appreciate the amount of new  faces, they bring a different element to the show as we don't really know what to expect from them. I thoroughly appreciate the talent that is Sdumo Mtshali, his dedication to his craft is clearly visible in his portrayal of any character he plays. The fact that the location is in the actual township, really helps us experience the core of the storyline. Israel is also brilliant at interpreting what is really going on in the scene and takes us with him on that journey. I look forward to seeing what they have in store for us next week, should be quite intriguing.



Which shows did you watch this weekend? What do you think of the above mentioned shows? Lets share.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday All Access- In Conversation with Connie Zitha

Thursday #Throwback- Baddest villians of all time

Wednesday Celebrating Queens- Phenomenal Women You Are